£54000 - £60000 per annum
0044 161 926 2525
about 1 year ago
The busiest privately owned buildings services consultancy in the North West are seeking an Associate Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer. You will be working alongside an excellent team capable of competing at the top of the market. They are gaining a reputation for delivering the region's highest profile projects.
With an impressive portfolio of projects currently and a sustained workload with projects across the commercial, hotel, retail, higher education, residential and veterinary services.
They are a forward thinking firm with a very positive and motivating culture that enables their engineers and staff to progress and develop their capabilities whilst delivering innovative solutions to high profile projects.
The Practice has been founded on the principles of a personal approach coupled with technical excellence, to provide clear and concise information. The personal approach and happy working environment is demonstrated in their low staff turnover and attendance at company social events.
As a Principal Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes.
You will be client facing, technically well rounded and able to offer the benefit of your experience to more junior Mechanical Engineers within the team. Responsible for meeting with clients, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities, we work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results.
On offer is a company that rewards achievement with promotion and annual salary reviews, a company that will invest in your own personal development and work with you to reach your goals and a company that offers excellent projects that will make your CV stand out from the rest of the North West.
Overview of Role:
• Take an active role in pushing forward the skills and abilities of the mechanical team members, including supervising junior engineers
• Lead building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client facing activity
• Take an active role in building services design elements for both small and major projects working closely with other team members
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs
• Offer consultancy advice and prepare design reports, specifications and drawings in a timely fashion and within budget
• Support graduate engineers with technical expertise and mentor less experienced team members
• Share and expand knowledge through participation at relevant skills networks
If this sounds like something you would be interested in then please do get in touch to discuss in more detail, Andrew Kerr @ WRS on 07846319189 or 01619262525.