£65000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: Car or allowance, pension, health, bonus and miore
0044 161 926 2525
about 1 year ago
There is excellent scope to progress, as their other Northern office will split up from their HQ and will be managed as a separate profit centre within the next 2 to 3 years.
The organisation has an excellent reputation for building quality, high volume new build housing developments and currently has 13 lives sites (and two imminent sites) throughout Yorkshire and the Northeast consisting of a mixture of Private and Social Housing schemes, typically from 40 to 180 units.
The division region is run by an MD and Construction Director and there is currently two other Contracts Managers in the region.
At any given time, the Contracts Manager will manage up to 4 lives new build Housing sites and the geographical region is likely to be in the Northeast
Reporting into the Construction Director you will be responsible for driving large and complex site contracts from land acquisition and pre-start inspections through to completion, with the key aim of delivering cost efficiencies for the company and high-quality outcomes for customer.
- Drive the region from the developments, people, commercial department and clients etc.
- Assist the Construction Director in all matters relating to the efficient performance of the Construction department.
- Monitor performance against construction programme to ensure targets are met and completions are on time. Progress chasing as required. Provide dates through Sales/Build meetings to ensure legal completions are as forecast.
- Support the Site Managers in ensuring that on-site Construction teams are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site's workload.
- Ensure adequate and suitable resources are available for effective site start.
Candidates considered for this role will have worked in the new build Housing sector as Contracts Manager / Build Manager for a number of years and ideally have a detailed understanding of open market and affordable housing. Other key traits will be:-
- Candidates considered will want to build a team, division and exceed expectations not just hit target
- Will push for Pride in the Job NHBC Awards and beyond
- Will be passionate individuals who want a genuine career not just a job
A basic salary from £65, 000 to £70, 000 is provided based plus car or £6500 car allowance, contributory pension, fuel, 26 days holiday, child care vouchers, share scheme and more…
Interviews are being held with the Construction Director over the next few weeks so if you are looking for a challenging and exciting position where your contribution will be valued please send your CV to Dave Beckett at WRS.